Monday, May 7, 2012

Long Lost Friend


This past December, I decided to embark on a fun journey.  Literally, one day after we gave the okay with a company to replace our roof that we weren’t anticipating replacing for another 10 years (what bleeping moron buys organic shingles), my ex-coworker called asking if I’d like to do a contract job for my former employer.  I saw this as a sign from somewhere and, of course, said yes.  I guess it turns out I am not as big of an asshole as I once thought; Karma, bitches. 
I am a fool.  Specifically, in this instance because I agreed to work 20 hours a week from home doing, what sounded like a simple job.  To Bread’s credit, he warned me.  He told me it was going to be a lot.  I begged to differ.  He was right.  I figured it was cold out, I only have one child and she’s in school for nine hours every week.  I forgot about the part where I have a husband who works approximately 65 hours a week, rising and leaving long before we do, returning home exhausted and often working on Saturday until lunch as well. 

I finished up the beginning of April.  To say the least, it was an intense 90 days.  At first, it was a piece of cake.  I didn’t have 20 hours a week of work.  Then, I had a shit-ton (official term).  Needless to say, there were too many people with their hands on this project, thus making it extremely difficult to gage exactly how long it would take to accomplish.  I needed to finish by the end of March.  It was a mess.  But, I have lived to speak of it! 

Now I am finished and I have oodles of extra time to do fun things like shower and write long-overdue blog posts!   And, hopefully, figure out why this last paragraph look so squishy (another technical term, indeed).  I have also found time to do fun things like at-home Keratin treatments and stalk hair dryers on Amazon for a good deal.  Life is lovely!  Free time, oh how I missed thee!  I feel as though I am thirsty no more.  Internet!  I have so much to tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment