Friday, September 24, 2010

Fashionable Friday

In correlation with Operation War on Yoga Pants, I’ve invested in some new fall fashions. In order to purchase said fashions, I had to do an extensive amount of research. I wanted to know what would work with my body type (roundish currently, and no, I never miss a chance to rip on myself) and for my “career.” I also wanted a few items to wear when Bread and I go out.

So, in honor of fall having arrived, with 85 degrees nonetheless, I’m sharing my list of possible-haves with y’all. Thankfully, I am a magazine junkie so I didn’t have to go far for my research. I used O Magazine because Oprah, of course, has an awesome stylist who actually puts together outfits for real people. That is, if you’re a real person who can afford $500 heels or, at least, has the sense to know that Payless makes a great knock-off. Anyway, slight tangent there, I also used Marie Claire, Real Simple, Self and Shape magazines. Here is my list:

1). Animal print. Specifically leopard. I am stalking a purse at Target, waiting for it to go on sale because I go there every week and I refuse to pay full-price for anything.

2). Loafers. I have some in purple but I want some more in brown. The mom in me thinks this is fabulous because they are so practical and so cute. I refuse to wear them with mom jeans, however.

3). Skinny pants. I got some! It turns out you don’t have to actually be skinny for skinny pants. Who knew! I keep reading about skinny cargo pants. Now, IDK about that but I’ll definitely try them on. I listen to Tim Gunn. I know that you should not rule things out until you try them. Do not be narrow-minded when it comes to fashion!

4). Red. Apparently, red is the it color for fall. My resources told me to pair it with teal, purple (no can do-reminds me of the Red Hat Society) and khaki (no longer can do this either as my dear friend, Claire pointed out it’s what Target employees wear-I can't have people bothering me while I peruse).

5). Sweaters with belts. I am trying. I bought a few belts that would work with this but, I’m thinking, perhaps, this does not work with my body type. I’ll keep trying.

6). Booties. I love them. I bought some super-cute grey ones. I’ve worn them once. I wish I had somewhere great to go so I could wear them with a dress or pencil skirt and tights. Sigh.

7). Peacoat. I found a plaid one I am stalking. I want that.

8). Structured satchel. I need one. I’m looking. I have a few prospects. It has to be sort of large so I can use it every day to carry my basic necessities and my child’s.

9). Draped Jersey dress. I love these; however, I really don’t need one. And, I feel like I’d need an entire Spanx suit to go underneath. I can’t justify the expenditure.

10). Feminine tops. I also love this fad. I already own several and love to wear them as it gets cooler with cardigans. I bought a new one in leopard! Combining trends! I go!

11). Fitted blazer. I have some but, even casually, I don’t see myself in this every day.
12). Camel. I love this color. I need some more of it in my life.

13). Black and tan. This has always been one of my favorite color combinations. I guess its back. Did it ever go away?  It's also a tasty beverage.

14). Military inspired. I have a casual jacket that embraces this trend.

15). Lace. I like this on other people but not on me. I think it looks trashy because I’m busty. Just saying.

That’s all I have. Hopefully, I’ve compiled a good list and picked out the right trends for me. Now I have to figure out hair and makeup. I don’t think there’s enough time in the day for that…Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen any cute lace tops at a reasonable price? If yes, where? I want one and I am fairly flat, so maybe I could pull one off? Thanks in advance for your reply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some cute lace tops at Target. I saw them! Bargains!

    ReplyDelete