Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday, Bitches

Why is the week following a holiday weekend so long? Always. For me, this week, it’s because Bird has been much like a teenager during puberty. This frightens me for when she actually is a teenager going through puberty. Shit. I’m so screwed. I should have been a better person this lifetime. Karma.

One of our local radio stations was having a chat about celebrities they wish would go away for good. My ears perked right up there due to my fascination of all things celebrity. This got me thinking. There are many people who frequent the sites I read that I cannot even bear to look at. I realize that I have a long list of stars I wish would go away so I’ve narrowed it down; for whatever reason these folks really get under my skin. In honor of it being Friday and me keeping with my promise to blog, here is my top ten list:

10. Snooki. I don’t believe I need to elaborate on this.
9. Billy Ray Cyrus’ daughter. I shan’t even say her name.
8. Rachel from Big Brother. Ugg.
7. Kanye West. How could anyone be mean to Taylor Swift? And, I’m not even a country music fan, really.
6. Eva Longoria. Double Ugg.
5. Kate Gosselin. She has such cute children but heels and short skirts to chase them? There’s not much I hate worse than people who don’t dress for the occasion. Flats. At least she fixed her hair…
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers. NAILS ON A CHALK BOARD.
3. Rachael Ray. Fake.
2. Jennifer Aniston. Over-rated. Too perfect. Nobody is that perfect. She must have an extra nipple or something.
1. Mel Gibson. Go away. Take your racial slurs and your over-active sperm, crawl under a rock and leave us all alone. Walk. Do not run and definitely do not make any more films.

In my mind, the world would be a better place sans the aforementioned folks. This is just my opinion. Who did I miss?

On the other hand, there are lots of celebs who do not get nearly enough press. I need more of these people. Here is my list:

10. Chelsea Handler. I love her. She says it just like it is. We could learn so much from her!
9. Tim Gunn. Fabulous.
8. Johnny Damon. The perfect specimen of the male being, with dimples!
7. Jon Hamm. I guess I have a thing for Jons.
6. Betty White. She had me as Rose Nylund.
5. David Hasselhoff. I’ve loved him since Night Rider but fell in love all over again when I saw him shed a tear on an American Idol finale. I’m kidding. He fascinates me. I feel normal. “This is a mess.”
4. Rocco DiSpirito. Adorable and he cooks!
3. Christina Hendricks. I’m curvy. She’s curvy. She’s famous. My hero! Of course I love her!
2. Taye Diggs. I wish we could mate. Don’t tell Bread.
1. The Kardashians. I love them. Do not hate me.

The world would definitely be a better place if we all had a bit more of these people. Who did I miss? Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...great post! I too am fascinated with celebrities. While I agree with most of your choices (esp. Jon Hamm!!!), I think you missed a few. For the Under My Skin list: Jon Gosselin (way worse than Kate IMO), Scott Disick (never have I had such dislike for someone I never met)and the entire Duggar Family. For the I Need More list: Any of the Teen Mom girls and Thomas Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Kardashians is one thing, but "do not get nearly enough press?" Whoah. They get more press than the rest of both lists combined. Ugg for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soulmate-I feel like Jon Gosselin has disappeared. I was scared to say his name for fear that might bring him back...I can't believe I forgot Scott "Used Car Salesman" Disick or the Duggar family!

    Bread-There is no such thing as too much Kardashian. Suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more I'd like to add to the "needs to go away" list...Justin Beiber. I don't get it. NKOTB had way more talent, and were more manly (well, except for Joey).
    Totally agree on Chelsea Handler. Love her, and can't get enough. Joel McHale too for the "not enough" list.

    ReplyDelete