Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What’s for Dinner, Bitches: Installment Five

It’s Wednesday. Some of you know what that means-time for me to enlighten you with what I’m feeding my family tonight. Er, what I fed my family tonight. I intended to post this earlier in the day. However, due to an intense round of tantruming this morning, I spent naptime (read: break time) relaxing on the couch in order to build up stamina for round two, post nap. How did that work out for me, you ask? Fantastic. If there’s one thing I know how to do, it’s relax. I did, also, get all my daily chores done so it wasn’t a complete wash.

We're moving on, here. Dinner tonight was this recipe from Taste of Home. This was an A plus! A five star! I loved it! Bread loved it! Why was it so great? It was so simple but tasted like it was so much more involved. Bread actually kept commenting on how much he was enjoying it. He said something along the lines of guessing it was actually a lot of work. Wrong.

I should have let him think that I had slaved but I cannot tell a lie. I also loved this because it called for rotisserie chicken. Chicken breast would work great but I love rotisserie chicken from, wait for it…wait for it…COSTCO (visualize me, shouting this while doing jazz hands). I also think this recipe would be tasty with fish, salmon perhaps. I’m adding this to my big ol’ binder of recipes. I’ll definitely be making this one again.

I’m a new subscriber to Taste of Home Magazine. I must say, I love it so far. It’s real recipes by real people with busy lives. I love it. It’s simple and tasty and has lots of shortcuts which I love because contrary to popular belief, I don’t have all the time in the world to cook all day. I don’t want to have all the time in the world to cook, that would be dangerous.

As for last week’s Rachael Ray recipe, it was awful. It was very easy but nobody loved it. I love black beans, cheese and avocado. I did not love this. I’ll never make it again. Rachael Ray has been a huge disappointment for me these days. It’s like how many different ways can I make Sloppy Joe? Blah. Kudos to her because she’s making bank but I don’t think I’ll be renewing my subscription again.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so good. I also love the Costco rot chic. It is so cheap and good. I hear you on the Rachel thing. Her recipes always look so good but they never seem to turn out for me. I haven't give up on her yet, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fabulous - will try it soon!

    ReplyDelete