Monday, May 3, 2010

They Try to Make Me Go to Rehab. I Say Yes, Yes, Yes!

What is up with celebrities and rehab? I used to think that rehab was for drug addictions and eating disorders. Now, it’s like every time some celebrity has an issue, or does something that might make them less appealing to the masses, they go to rehab. Tiger Woods was boning a bunch of chicks, so off he goes to rehab. The same went for Jesse James. I think Lindsay Lohan went to rehab for shoplifting or something. WTF? We “normal” folks just have to deal with our problems. I guess when you make millions you can go to rehab to get help with anything.

The rest of us have to own up to our stuff. We have to face the music and pay the price. Celebrities get to hide behind the curtain until everything blows over. Granted, I don’t actually know anyone who got busted for having an affair with tons of stripperesque-looking ladies, but if I did, they would so not be going to rehab. They would be at home, getting their asses kicked by their lady if she hadn’t already packed up the kids and took off.

I’ve compiled a list of things that I think I should go to rehab for: laziness, lack of interest in exercise, strong like of food, inability to end an email/text thread and addiction to social media.

I think, lately, I’ve been committing many rehab worthy offenses. I would love to go to rehab, by the way. You get therapy, so I would have someone to talk to all day! You get your meals prepared for you! I bet you even get to eat while it’s hot! I suppose you also get lots of down time which means I could read and nap all day! It sounds delightful to me. Where do I sign up?

I think I could probably go to rehab for failing to put together a proper outfit. What about for wasting too much food? Failing to put together a proper meal plan? Is feeding my child hot dogs a good enough offense? I am so boring. I need some spice. Or, maybe just some rehab…

1 comment:

  1. Rehab sounds like a great idea to me. Maybe I could be admitted for my addiction to trashy TV - even though I am not sure I am ready to get help.

    ReplyDelete