Friday, April 30, 2010

A Letter

Dear Loyal Readers,

I’ve nothing to post today. I’m crabby. I’m tired. My fetching bum knee is messing with me. My husband works 60ish hours a week and, while I’m happy he is employed, our home is neglected. This is wearing on me. Shit is literally falling apart. Our yard is a mess! The grass is way too long and there’s dog poop everywhere. We just need one of those pink flamingos in the front yard to complete “the look” we are going for.

Disorder messes with me. I need things in their place. I need a place to put things. I need to vacuum, mop and spray my Lavender Vanilla Febreeze (best scent ever- I want to bathe in it) in order to feel happy. I need a nice, orderly yard. My mind is jumbled.

This would all be a thousand times easier if my toddler and I were having some fun. Alas, we are not. Instead, we are having battle after battle after battle. She does not want to eat. She does not want to use the potty. She does not want to brush her teeth. She just wants to throw fits. Yesterday, I strapped her in her booster seat to make her stay in the corner for time out. I then went outside, where I was 100 percent certain my neighbors could hear her screaming. I wanted them to see me so they would know I was not beating the living daylights out of her. All this was because she did not want to brush her teeth! I felt like I should run up and down the block screaming, “I’m not beating her! She is possessed! Send a priest! We need an exorcism!” Holy shit, there’s a reason that don’t come out as toddlers…

In summary, it’s been a rough couple weeks. I suppose I should look on the bright side-my friends are coming over tomorrow and there will be alcohol! I’m going to drink a lot of it! I may order a keg just for me. BYOB, bitches! Happy Friday!

Love,

Jessie

2 comments:

  1. LOL - That is funny. I have had a similar experience with my child. After she was screaming for an extended period of time I went outside and was friendly with the neighbor so that they would see I was nice and not a horrible mother. Glad to know we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better I hear my neighbor's kids crying all of the time. We are big fans of the cry it out method over in our 'hood so we get to hear each others kids.

    ReplyDelete