Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What Was for Dinner, Bitches: Installment Two

Tonight I made Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese from my Food Network Magazine. This was delightful. It was spicy but not so spicy that Bird could not eat it. It was the perfect day for this meal since it rained ALL DAMN DAY here.

I will say that I’ve made homemade macaroni and cheese on many occasions. We are big fans. This is by far one of my favorites. It was simple enough, but I felt like it took forever to prep and the cheese did not want to melt. So, if you try it, I suggest cutting the cheddar up very small or shredding it.

Since someone here is dieting (AHEM), I did not follow the recipe exactly. I cut back the butter, used wheat pasta, milk instead of cream (CREAM!!) and lightened up a bit on the cheese as well (honestly, I would have done all that anyway). I also used Pam instead of buttering the pan. Do people really still use real butter or Crisco for this sort of thing? That is insane. Anyway, I lightened it up a bit and it was still extremely delicious. I starved myself all day so this would taste extra good.

Overall, I would give this one a nine. I just asked Bread what he would give it. He says 8.5. I say sleep on the couch, asshole.

3 comments:

  1. OMG - That recipe sounds AMAZING. I love Frank's Red Hot and I love cheese (esp. blue cheese). Definitely going to make that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just make sure you rate it higher than an 8.5...

    ReplyDelete