Friday, April 9, 2010

Super Mom to the Rescue

Yesterday, bird announced that she was playing “Super Powders.” After an intense line of questioning, we deducted that she was pretending to have super powers. Duh. We asked her what her power was. She told us she was fast. She asked me what my "powder" was.  I was thinking MAC?  Chanel?  What brand of powder do you like?  Then reality set in...The best I could come up with, for a super power, was, “I’m loving.” She gave me this look like, “Could you be any more boring?” Lame.

After she went to bed, the thing occupying my mind was what would my super power be? If I could have super powers, would I use them for good or evil? GOOD! All day! Because, as I’ve mentioned before, Karma is a bitch (I promise to someday elaborate on this as I know I’ve mentioned it before).

But for real, I spend all day with a two year-old, there are terrible things happening in the world, and after she’s gone to bed, and I can be alone with my thoughts, adult thoughts, I’m seriously pondering what kind of super power I would have? I guarantee if you ask any male over the age of two this question he can answer you in seconds. I’ve turned it into a bit of a soul search.

I think I would like to be fast too. I wouldn’t want my daughter to be able to outrun me. I also think this would make for an intense workout. I like burning extra calories! This would also help with household chores and getting ready! I would love to be able to fly. We could save on gas. Imagine never having to sit in traffic (not that I really ever do anymore). Is there some sort of super power that enables you to select stylish, flattering clothing from your closet? If yes, I so want that. Lastly, how about some x-ray vision? Not because I actually want it but because I feel the need to have some sort of power that my child will think is cool. There is nothing worse than a dorky super hero.

Now that I really think about it, I’m a mom. I already have super powers. I can watch my child, cook a meal, do laundry, talk on the phone, write a blog post and think about what I’m going to make tomorrow for dinner all at once. If this does not a super hero make, I don’t know what does; I think multi-tasking is severely underrated.  I sometimes forget how good I really am!  Kudos to me.  I've been especially hard on myself this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment