Monday, June 7, 2010

You Don't Have to Go Home but You Can't Stay Here

I am officially old. I just returned from a dinner and shopping date with a younger friend, Claire. Just take a guess where we went shopping…Costco! We went to Costco! She asked! This is so not my fault. I did not force this on her. I showed her the ways of buying in bulk and saving oodles of cash! I am a lunatic! I was so excited! I kept forgetting how dorky it is to get that excited about saving money on salsa.

She is getting married in a few weeks and she is a fellow saver. She mentioned wanting to go there with me. I was all over that! I am always eager to show others the way. I mean, it’s exclusive! You can’t even get in the door without your VIP card! Granted, you pay for that card but, nonetheless, you need a card. I am so important.

We were there for nearly an hour and a half! We just keep looking and shrieking with delight over the bargains. I felt better about my obsession once Claire started to get into it. She’s a good shopper; she knows the cost of everything so she was very impressed by the Costco value. Apparently, we were there too long. They closed! We were told we had to leave! They didn’t make an announcement or anything. An employee just came and found us. He told us they were closed and that we should go pay. WTF? Target tells me when they are closing. I get a warning. I can prioritize my final minutes. We didn’t even get to hit the dried fruit section! We missed healthy and beauty! Deals! I needed to show her the Del Monte Organic Tomatoes! Those bastards! They can’t just do that! We were talking! We were shopping! We needed a final warning. Don’t they know who I am? I’m a fucking member. I have a card! I spend a fortune there! Don’t they know me! I remember when I used to get kicked out of the bar. Now, I’m being forced to leave a retail establishment before I’m ready. I was kicking and screaming but I was not drunk. I was stone-cold sober and completely devastated. DON’T THEY KNOW WHO I AM?

3 comments:

  1. Haha - I fogot we used to close down bars. That was forever ago. Now it is Costco - so sad...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry hun, you know I have had to do that...tell people to leave. No they don't have a PA system (weird, I know) But I think that falls into the category of how they save so much money in order to save you money! And hand me a heafty paycheck =) You should work there! It's so much fun. Sorry you had to experience 'the sweep" I would hate to be kicked out of a store too!!! Especially that one!

    ReplyDelete