Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Are you there God? It's me, Jessie.

I have always been a day dreamer. I love to imagine things. One of my favorite things to think about is what we would do if we won the lottery. Ah, yes, I know I have better chances of being struck by lightning. But, it’s still fun to imagine.

We are in a lottery pool with some friends. Because if you’re going to win the lottery it isn’t any fun if it’s just you. I mean, it would be okay but definitely not the same as having most of your closest friends share in the fun. Nobody would have to work. We could spend entire days lounging by the pool at our mansion while the nanny took care of the fits! How awesome is that? So anyway, we started a pool about a year ago. We all threw out a number or two with significant meaning to us and there it was-our winning numbers.

I’m a firm believer in Karma. We are all good people. We deserve to win. We have a plan. Bread and I are going to buy a ranch somewhere in the west. Another couple will cover the Caribbean. One other couple can cover Europe and the last is buying a nice place here in the mid-west. This way we can all have places to vacation. Places with guest houses for the children (insert a wicked laugh here).

I drive past the billboard advertising the jackpot at least once a week. I’m not super religious but I pray. I pray every time. I know there is a God. Is he listening? I need things. I’m not even being greedy; a couple million is fantastic. We could make that work. So maybe if I post it on my blog he will answer. Mama needs a new Swiffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment