Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Reign Me In

There are days, maybe even years, of my life where I feel like I am possessed by food. I like to eat. I also like to lounge. I've been avoiding the scale because I feel like I've really packed on the pounds over the winter. Today, I had to have a physical for my health insurance. I had to go TWELVE hours without eating. They weighed me. I almost fell off the scale. Not because I was weak and frail do to lack of nourishment but because it was bad. I'm not going to say how much I weigh, but trust me.

I'm not a size two. I will never be a size two. I don't even think I want to be a size two. I mean, those skinny bitches can't eat anything (no offense if you are, indeed, a skinny bitch). And, as I mentioned, I like to eat. I'm healthy. I swear. I do not eat fast food and chips all day. I eat fruit, vegetables, whole grains and lean meat. Then, I wash it all down with some junk food. I can't stop. I am an addict. I like those sugary carbs.

I also exercise. I ran the other day, for the first time this year. I've been doing step and lifting weights but I guess not as much as I should be. I guess it's time to reign it in. I'm making myself talk about this so that I can commit to watching what I'm shoveling in. I have to do this. I want my ten readers to hold me accountable. So, I'm sorry to bore you with this nonsense but, I think I'm going to have to start having a weekly post about the status of my eating, er, overeating...

My doctor said I should eat 1200-1500 calories a day. WTF? Is she on crack? That's like a piece of toast and some fruit. What will I eat the rest of the day? I'm doomed to starve to death. I'll probably be a size two by next week. I'll let you know how that works out.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like your doctor is a nutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you passed the weight section at your physical. I had mine today and have to go back and 6 months and have lost weight. Maybe we should start Chub Club 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura- I thought you looked great the last time I saw you! WTF? I think Chub Club might be a good idea. I am desperate.

    ReplyDelete