Tuesday, March 30, 2010

They're Like Crack Cocaine Without the Actual Crack

Bread is obsessed with these cookies. He has not had them since before Lent began because he gave up sweets. God bless him for keeping his Lenten promise. I’m headed straight for hell. I have a strong suspicion that he will be requesting a batch of these sometime on Sunday.

This recipe is from the Eagle Mills All Natural All-Purpose Unbleached Flour bag. I actually buy this flour at Costco but I’m sure you could use any flour. The Eagle Mills is a blend of multi-grain and white flour. I love it. It’s much healthier than white flour but easier to use than wheat because it’s not so heavy. You can use it anywhere you would normally use all-purpose flour. I’ve also used it to make bread. At Costco, you can get 20 pounds of it for $6! If you use a lot of flour like we do, this is a steal. And, no they are not paying me to write this post! I am very passionate about this flour! I like to use exclamation points!

Anyway, I couldn’t find the recipe online so I’ve actually been forced to type it up. I am exhausted from the exertion. This is cutting into my television time. Biggest Loser is on. Here it is:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
1 ½ cups Eagle Mills All-Purpose Flour Unbleached flour with Ultragrain
½ TSP baking soda
¼ TSP kosher salt
2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 ½ TSP vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups chocolate chips (they want you to use semi-sweet but we like milk chocolate)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; set aside. Cream butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed 1 to 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on low speed after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets, 1 ½ inches apart. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool on baking sheet 5 minutes.

Disclaimer: Domestic Diva is not responsible if you, or a family member, become addicted to these cookies, therefore increasing the circumference of your ass. You have been warned.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm...cookies... Yes. Sunday. Have some. Please. Yes Please. Please yes. I think so, yes. Mmmhmm, please...

    ReplyDelete