Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Workout by Osmosis

The Olympics have been on for the past two weeks. Fortunately, for my very important television schedule, I only have one show I watch on NBC. It's The Biggest Loser. I love this show for so many reasons. The first is Jillian Michaels. She is awesome in so many ways; if you watch the show you already know. I also love the show because I can relate to these people. Having struggled with my weight most of my life, I know what being overweight and having food issues can do to a person. I know firsthand how it controls you and I truly feel for these people. I’ve shed many tears watching that show and the contestants fight to get their lives back.

The contestants on The Biggest Loser keep getting bigger and bigger. Each season the numbers are shocking. And, I’m going to be really honest here, I like that these people are bigger than I am. I watch this show and I feel thin. I think I don’t look so bad. I will sit on the couch and eat ice cream and cookies and chips and wash it all down with soda thinking about how svelte I am. Until the season progresses and these people get thin and fit and suddenly I need to eat celery and carrot sticks. Panic sets in. What the hell am I doing? I could have worked hard and lost a few instead of sitting here on my ass. I get motivated. I do. I see Jillian screaming at me to work harder. But, that’s not where we’re at right now. It’s the beginning of the season! They are big. And, since misery loves company, everybody knows that, I’ve missed that show for the past two weeks. I need to be able to sit on my couch, watch these people sweat and feel good. Go on- you workout. I’ll sit here admiring my ever-expanding waistline. Until you catch me. Then I’ll feel bad.

I can’t wait until tonight! What will I eat? Reunited and it feels so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment