Thursday, March 4, 2010

What's for Dinner, Bitches

Since I'm calling myself "Domestic Diva," I figured I should post something domestic-like. This is my favorite slow cooker recipe because it takes five minutes to make. I found it in my Fix It and Forget It Lightly book. I've probably made it a hundred times. It calls for diet soda but I use regular. I've also tried Sprite and added pineapple for a Caribbean-type meal and I've used root beer as well. It makes a huge portion. It's super-tasty on a bun with pickles and oven fries on the side. There are leftovers for a week. I have used the leftovers to make enchiladas and pizza. I want to try making chili with it sometime as well. Happy eating.

Barbecued Pork
2 lbs. boneless pork top loin
1 1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup soda
1 cup BBQ sauce

1. Place pork in slow cooker. Combine all ingredients in bowl and pour over pork.
2. Cover and cook on high 4-6 or low 8 (low is better)
3. Slice or shred pork and stir into sauce.
4. Serve.

2 comments:

  1. Or use Squirt instead. That's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best. Made this for my daugther's b-day part and it was a hit.

    ReplyDelete