Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm NOT Watching Trashy TV All Day

I thoroughly believe that all things relating to babies and children fall into one of three categories: Things We Knew, Things We Thought We Knew and Things Nobody Told Me. The biggest category, in my experience is Things Nobody Told Me. I will probably write several posts on this subject because it often baffles me. I often find myself wondering how it was possible for me not to know about something or other prior to giving birth. Perhaps I was thinking about how when it comes to some things, ignorance is bliss.

Recently, my friend Jackie, who frequently texts me from her job, sent me a message saying she was done working, she was ready to quit and sit on the couch watching trashy TV all day (until I typed this up I didn’t realize this but, is she implying that’s what I do all day? WTF?). Now,this was one of those days where parenting and Chinese Water Torture feel like the same thing. My words to her were something along the lines of, “No actually, keep your job. DO NOT QUIT. I dedicate entire days to this child and she does this to me. She is a demon. Go to work. Pay somebody to watch your child and keep your sanity.”

Jackie tells me she thinks this is funny. I love an audience and for me she’s easy so I keep it up. I know she’s laughing. I know she’s at work and she’s having a bad day so I offer up some comic relief. Finally she tells me I have to stop because people are staring at the crazy lady who is hysterically laughing to herself. I tell her she has to stop because she might wet herself. This is another side effect of having kids. THINGS THEY DON’T TELL YOU. Yes, it’s true. After you have a baby, you might leak a little bit (or hell, I don’t know, maybe even piss your pants) when you laugh, cry, cough or sneeze. Yep, it happens.

So ladies, when you are exercising to try and get your pre-pregnancy body back don’t forget to work “those” muscles too.

No comments:

Post a Comment