Friday, March 12, 2010

Ch-Ch-Ch Changes

Happy Friday to all! If you're a fellow stay-at-homer, this may or may not mean anything to you. It doesn't really mean much to me since Bread typically works at least a half day on Saturdays. This has always been the way of his career so I'm used to it. Sundays are my happy day.

Fridays are a fun cooking day around here. Since we are living on a single income and have a child with a peanut allergy that restaurants don't take very seriously, we don't go out to dinner as often as we used to. Back when I had a job, Fridays were usually a day to go out. Who am I kidding? So were Saturdays, Sundays and pretty much ever other day of the week. Anyway, on Friday's I try to make something restaurant-ish. Meaning: something that's maybe not so good for us. Usually, it's pizza, enchiladas or some sort of grilled sandwich.

Tonight we are having lasagna. It's one of Bread's favorites. I received the ultimate compliment from him in regards to my lasagna which is actually my mom's. He said he liked it better than his mom's. If you have a husband, wife or significant other who enjoys food, their mother's food in particular, you know this is indeed fantastic.

But, I recently feel in love with The Pioneer Woman and her blog. She has an amazing sounding lasagna recipe. I really want to try it. Should I rock the boat? This is a big decision. Bread likes his food. I could really throw him off with this.

I am still undecided. It's not like he won't eat it; he pretty much eats everything. Bread is a hard-working man and I like to have him well fed.

You know it's a good day when the biggest decision you have to make is what lasagna recipe to use and you don't need to go to the grocery store either way. Life is good! Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment